A powerful three-dimensional prism of composition. It is the world's only 3D Cartesian Music Sequencer. Named for the French philosopher & mathematician René Descartes, it uses the Cartesian coordinate system to unlock the analog step sequencer from the shackles of linearity. The original René was a one-channel, two-dimensional Cartesian sequencer with limited memory, this new René is a three-channel, three-dimensional Cartesian sequencer with memory for up to 64 complete STATEs. Considering the multiple channels and FUN programming options per multiple axis, René has become an n-dimensional matrix or tesseract of synthesizer sequencing.
• 3 CV outputs for controlling pitch or timbre
• 3 Gate outputs for generating musical events
• Snake and Cartesian patterns available simltaneously
• STORE all Programming in one of 64 STATEs.
• New Z-Axis allows for modulating through any combination of 64 STOREd STATEs
• All programming done real-time, programming of René is a key performance element
• Visualization of pattern activity always displayed on left half with 16 illuminated Knobs
• Visual indication of Programming always displayed on right half with 16 illuminated touch buttons
• Communicates w/ TEMPI via Select Bus to Select, Store, Revert, Multi-Paste and MESH STATEs
• Maximum amount of artist controlled musical variation, derived from minimum amount of analog data input
• All new touch sensing technology tested successfully on the most commonly used euro rack power solutions
Max Depth: 24mm
0mA @ -12V